Install Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat
Install Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat is now available at EN.mEandroid.NET. Samsung rolled out the Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 official firmware update for Galaxy S7 Edge
The firmware update recently out by Samsung and the users can manually download to update their device. The users can also update their device to this new firmware through Samsung Kies or OTA (Over the Air).
It is always recommended to update your device with the latest firmware whenever Samsung rolled out as with every update Samsung introduces fixes for bugs (if any), improve/enhance overall performance in OS and sometime introduces new features. Here at EN.mEandroid.NET, you’ll find both official and manual way to update this latest firmware on your Galaxy S7 Edge .
Scroll through this page to learn how to install stock Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge .
However, flashing or installing official firmware restore device kernel, so root access to your device will be void, means the firmware update will unroot your device (if it was rooted).
Official Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017
There are two official ways to update the Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 firmware, OTA, and KIES. However, if you unable to update your device through OTA and Kies, then you can flash stock firmware manually through Odin. EN.mEandroid.NET always recommends you to try official ways (OTA or KIES) first and if official method doesn’t work then try manual method to flash the stock firmware.
Official Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 Details
The firmware is released only for the Galaxy S7 Edge . So, don’t try this tutorial on any other Android device and also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. EN.mEandroid.NET is not responsible If anything wrong happens to your device after following this guide, try this at your own risk. However, we believe that if you follow the instructions carefully that mentioned in this guide, your device shouldn’t face any issue.
Before proceeding to update guide, EN.mEandroid.NET recommend to backup all your device data and settings to restore later when you need that. However, official firmware restores all previous data but if your device gets stuck at boot loop issue or fall into any error, the backup file will help you to restore all your data.
- Check your device battery percentage, make sure that your device have at least 60% battery power
- Backup all your device data and settings to external storage- (HOW TO BACK UP ANDROID AND KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE 2017)
- Check that USB Debugging is Enabled on your device, otherwise, it is not possible to connect and transfer files between PC and Galaxy S7 Edge via USB- (WHAT IS USB DEBUGGING 2017?)
- Install USB Driver for on your PC (Download Samsung USB Drivers 2017)
- If your Galaxy S7 Edge have any Custom ROM installed such as- CyanogenMod ROM, ParanoidAndroid ROM, AOKP ROM, SLIM ROM, PACman ROM, Avatar ROM, Omni ROM, LiquidSmooth ROM, Beanstalk ROM, Carbon ROM etc, then it’ll be replaced by stock firmware.
- Custom Recovery such as ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) or TWRP or Philz Recovery will be replaced by Stock Recovery.
How to Install/Update Official Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 on via OTA:
- Turn on Internet connection on your device (should have stable Internet connection)
- Go to Settings>>About, and tap on the Update Option from there (If its show “The latest update have already been installed” message, then your device haven’t received any OTA yet, check back later or try installing through Kies.)
- Tap OK to start the download and installation process
- Once done, your device will reboot automatically
How to Install/Update Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 via Samsung Kies
- Turn on Internet connection on your device (should have stable Internet connection)
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Utility on your PC
- Connect your device to PC through USB
- Open/Run Samsung Kies, it should automatically detect your device
- At the Samsung Kies home screen, you’ll see New Firmware Upgrade is available notification. (If You were seen- “This is the last firmware, then your device haven’t received the latest firmware on Kies, check back later or try flashing manually through Odin)
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade button to start the update process
- Follow onscreen instructions
- Once done, your device will be reboot automatically
- After reboot, you can disconnect your device from PC
If both the above official way don’t work for you, then download the firmware from the below list and follow the manual installation guide as it is.
Download Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017
Note: We’re mentioning the latest firmwares added to this page in the list below. Please find the download links for these firmwares in the relevant section below.
- G935FXXU1DPLT (Android 7.0 Nougat, Europe, Available)
- G935AUCS2APH1 (AT&T0)
- G935FXXU1ZPK4 (Android 7.0 Nougat beta)
- G935TUVU4APK1 (T-Mobile)
- G935AUCS4API2 (AT&T)
- G935KKKU1APJ5 (October patch)
- G935PVPU2APH7 (Sprint)
- G935TUVU4APIA (T-Mobile)
- G935VVRU2APE1 (Verizon)
- G935PVPU2APE1 (Sprint)
- G935R4TYU2APE2 (US Cellular)
Update [January 17, 2017]: Stable Nougat OTA update for Galaxy S7 Edge users, whether those who participated in the Nougat beta program or not, has been released today by Samsung. It comes as build G935FXXU1DPLT for the S7 Edge, and is now available for download for both UK and Czech Republic. Check out the downloads section below.
Update [November 10, 2016]: Build no. of Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for the AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile is already out on the web while there are no signs of imminent release just yet. Samsung released the Nougat beta yesterday for Korean Galaxy S7, but a Nougat beta firmware leaked out for the global varaint of Global Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge too, the relevant one added below too. Find the new build no. in the relevant carrier section below, but don’t expect these to release any soon, in fact, not within a month. Maybe by December end, we will have the Android 7.0 build out for Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge, and perhaps Verizon too.
Update [November 09, 2016]: Samsung released the Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat update as beta earlier today, and while it went live in Korea right away, we’re still waiting for the update for other Asian and European regions, and other models than G930K. But we know that the Nougat firmware will be G935FXXU1ZPK4 build. So, hang on while we try to get our hands on the PK4 Android 7.0 build for your S7 Edge, and keep checking this page repeatedly in the meantime. UPDATE: You can NOW download the G935FXXU1ZPK4 firmware, without need of password.
Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017Stock Firmware
Model no. SM-G935A (AT&T)
- G935AUCS4APK1 [Unavailable]
- G935AUCU4ZPK4 | Android 7.0 Nougat → Not released yet, Unavailable.
- G935AUCS4API2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935AUCS4API2.zip
- G935AUCS2APH1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935AUCS2APH1.zip
- G935AATT2APG1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935AATT2APG1.zip
BTW, you can also install the firmware available for the AT&T variant of UNLOCKED Galaxy S7 Edge, that comes with model no. SM-G935U, not typical G935A, and is provided in the separate section below. Look for model no. SM-G935U, AT&T edition.
The AT&T G935U firmware is confirmed to be working alright on regular locked Galaxy S7 Edge. Installing the G935U firmware on regular G935A device means all the AT&T apps and stuff are removed from the device, while Samsung’s such bloatware stuff can uninstalled to except for some 4 apps such Samsung Pay, Samsung Apps store, etc. Which is okay.
If you face any difficulty with Odin, do let us know.
Model no. SM-G935P (Sprint)
- G935PVPU4ZPK4 | Android 7.0 Nougat → Not released yet, Unavailable.
- G935PVPU2APH7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935PVPU2APH7_G935PSPT2APH7_SPR.zip
- G935PVPS2APG1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935PVPS2APG1_G935PSPT2APG1_SPR.zip
- G935PVPU2APF2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935PVPU2APF2_G935PSPT2APF2_SPR.zip
- G935PVPU2APE1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935PVPU2APE1_G935PSPT2APE1_SPR.zip
- G935PVPU1APB5 | Filename: SPR-G935PVPU1APB5-20160314104559.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- G935PVPU2APC5 | Filename: SPR-G935PVPU2APC5-20160329161017.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- G935PVPU2APD3 | Filename: SPR-G935PVPU2APD3-20160425132830.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Model no. SM-G935T (T-Mobile)
- G935TUVU4ZPK4 | Android 7.0 Nougat → Not released yet, Unavailable.
- G935TUVU4APK1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVU4APK1_G935TTMB4APK1_TMB.zip
- G935TUVU4APIA | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVU4APIA_G935TTMB4APIA_TMB.zip
- G935TUVU3APG1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVU3APG1_G935TTMB3APG1_TMB.zip
- G935TUVS3APD8 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVS3APD8_G935TTMB3APD8_TMB.zip
- G935TUVU2APD7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVU2APD7_G935TTMB2APD7_TMB.zip
- G935TUVU2APC8 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVU2APC8_G935TTMB2APC8_TMB.zip
- G935TUVS2APB8 | Android 6.0.1 → G935TUVS2APB8_G935TTMB2APB8_TMB.zip
Model no. SM-G935V (Verizon)
- G935VVRU4ZPK4 | Android 7.0 Nougat → Not released yet, Unavailable.
- G935VVRU2APE1 | Filename: VZW-G935VVRU2APE1-20160614113359.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Model no. SM-G935R4 (US Cellular)
- G935R4TYU2APE2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935R4TYU2APE2_G935R4USC2APE2_USC.zip
- G935R4TYU2APD2 | Filename: USC-G935R4TYU2APD2-20160419141901.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- G935R4TYS2APC3 | Filename: USC-G935R4TYS2APC3-20160324113603.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Model no. SM-G935W8 (Canadian)
- G935W8VLU1APG1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935W8VLU1APG1_G935W8OYA1APG1_XAC.zip
- G935W8VLU1APD3 | Android 6.0.1 → G935W8VLU1APD3_G935W8OYA1APD3_ESK.zip
Model no. SM-G935U (UNLOCKED Edition for each US carrier)
- ATT-G935UUEU2APEH.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (For AT&T Unlocked S7 Edge only)
- SPR-G935UUEU2APEH-20160610030308.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (For Sprint Unlocked S7 Edge only)
- TMB-G935UUEU2APEH-20160614112610.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (For T-Mobile Unlocked S7 Edge only)
- VZW-G935UUEU2APEH-20160614112640.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (For Verizon Unlocked S7 Edge only)
- Filename: USC-G935UUEU2APEH-20160614112630.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (For US Cellular Unlocked S7 Edge only)
Model no. SM-G935F
- G935FXXU1DPLT | Android 7.0 stable → G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FOXA1DPLT_BTU.zip
- G935FXXU1ZPK4 | Android 7.0 beta → G935FXXU1ZPK4-thanks-samfirm.net.zip
- G935FXXU1APGS | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APGS_G935FORO1APGR_ORO.zip
- G935FXXU1BPH6 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1BPH6_G935FITV1BPH1_ITV.zip
- G935FXXU1APH1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APH1_G935FYTO1APH3_ZTO.zip
- G935FXXU1APGH | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APGH_G935FNZC1APGI_NZC.zip
- G935FXXU1APER | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APER_G935FYTO1APH1_ZTO.zip
- G935FXXS1APG2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG2_G935FDDX1APE1_DDE.zip
- G935FXXS1APG9 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG9_G935FOJX1APE8_AFR.zip
- G935FXXU1APGO | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APGO_G935FAUT1APG1_AUT.zip
- G935FXXS1APG3 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG3_G935FOJV1APF3_AFR.zip
- G935FXXU1APF2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APF2_G935FUUB1APEQ_ALE.zip
- G935FXXS1APG5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG5_G935FVFG1APF3_VDH.zip
- G935FXXS1APGD | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APGD_G935FOJV1APF4_TUR.zip
- G935FXXS1APGA | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APGA_G935FOJX1APE8_TUR.zip
- G935FXXU1APGG | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APGG_G935FTEF1APG1_VIA.zip
- G935FXXU1APD1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APD1_G935FUWT1APD3_EBE.zip
- G935FXXU1APGF | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APGF_G935FITV1APE2_ITV.zip
- G935FXXS1APGI | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APGI_G935FZTO1APE9_ZTO.zip
- G935FXXS1APG4 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG4_G935FPHN1APF1_PHN.zip
- G935FXXS1APG6 | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXS1APG6_G935FVFG1APF3_TCL.zip
- G935FXXU1APDQ | Android 6.0.1 → G935FXXU1APDQ_G935FOLB1APD1_SIN.zip
Model no. SM-G935I
- G935TUVU2APD7 | Filename: G935TUVU2APD7_G935TTMB2APD7_TMB.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- G935TUVS2APB8 | Filename: G935TUVS2APB8_G935TTMB2APB8_TMB.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- G935TUVU2APC8 | Filename: G935TUVU2APC8_G935TTMB2APC8_TMB.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Model no. SM-G935H
- Firmware not available at the moment.
Model no. SM-G935M
- Firmware not available at the moment.
Model no. SM-G935K/L/S (Korean)
- G935KKKU1APJ5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APJ5-20161014163952.zip (October patch)
- G935KKKU1APG8 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APG8_G935KKTC1APG8_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APF5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APF5_G935KKTC1APF5_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APE7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APE7_G935KKTC1APE7_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APDA | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APDA_G935KKTC1APDA_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APD1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APD1_G935KKTC1APD1_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APCF | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APCF_G935KKTC1APCF_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APB5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APB5_G935KKTC1APB5_KTC.zip
- G935KKKU1APB2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935KKKU1APB2_G935KKTC1APB2_KTC.zip
- G935LKLU1APG7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APG7_G935LLUC1APG7_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APF5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APF5_G935LLUC1APF5_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APE7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APE7_G935LLUC1APE7_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APDA | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APDA_G935LLUC1APDA_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APD1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APD1_G935LLUC1APD1_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APCF | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APCF_G935LLUC1APCF_LUC.zip
- G935LKLU1APB3 | Android 6.0.1 → G935LKLU1APB3_G935LLUC1APB3_LUC.zip
- G935SKSU1APG7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APG7_G935SSKC1APG7_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APF5 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APF5_G935SBKC1APF5_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APE7 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APE7_G935SSKC1APE7_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APDA | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APDA_G935SSKC1APDA_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APD4 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APD4_G935SSKC1APD4_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APD1 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APD1_G935SSKC1APD1_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APCF | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APCF_G935SSKC1APCF_SKC.zip
- G935SKSU1APB2 | Android 6.0.1 → G935SKSU1APB2_G935SSKC1APB2_SKC.zip
How to Install/Update Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017 Manually through Odin:
- Download firmware from the above list and extract the zip file, you should get .tar.md5 file along with few other files.
- Download Odin v3.09 and extract the zip file, you should get Odin v3.09.exe file along with other files.
- Now Open/Run Odin v3.09.exe file as an administrator (to open program with admin privilege, right click on the Odin v3.09.exe file and click on the “Run as administrator” from the context menu, this is applicable only on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or higher PC)
- Switch off and boot Galaxy S7 Edge Galaxy S7 Edge into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear). A warning message will flash, now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC via USB cable
- In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID: COM section and Added! text at the message box This means your device has been successfully detected by Odin.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and F. Reset Time options are checked in Odin screen.
- Now, click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you get by extracting the firmware zip file in step 1.
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, and wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID: COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion.
- You can now disconnect/unplug your phone from computer.
Congrats! your Galaxy S7 Edge now updated to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware. Now, go to Settings>>About, and verify the firmware update.
How to Fix Bootloop on Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat update 2017
If anything goes wrong, your device may stick at booting animation.
If your Galaxy S7 Edge stuck at boot animation screen for more than 10 minutes, then follow these instructions.
- Go to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together.
- Now, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting the reboot system now option.
- In Recovery Mode use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.